Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chiller Theatre

This past weekend, we went to the coolest convention! It's called Chiller Theatre and it's held in Parsippany, NJ twice a year. You go there and meet various celebrities. Get their autograph and picture taken with them. They had a ton of people at this spring's event. I got to meet 2 people from movies I love. Christopher Atkins from The Blue Lagoon, but that's not the movie I love him for. It's The Pirate Movie I love. It's a different take on the Pirates of Penzance musical. Saw that movie as a kid and just loved it! So I took my DVD and had Christopher sign it. He was so nice and talked to us for a good while about how that movie has taken off to cult status levels now. The other person I got my picture taken with was E.G. Daily. She co-starred in my all time favorite movie, Valley Girl. I'm sure you can tell by my face that I'm close to tears at getting to meet her. Isn't she just a tiny little thing?! She's been in tons of stuff and does a lot of character work. She did the voice of Buttercup of the PowerPuff Girls, Babe: The Pig in the City, and Baby Mumbles from Happy Feet.


They had people from all kinds of movies and TV shows there. There was Walter Koenig who played Chekov on Star Trek. Then beside him was Michael Dorn who played Worf on Star Trek.
We saw Pamelyn Ferdin who did the voice of Lucy on the Peanuts shows plus she was the voice of Fern on Charlotte's Web. I love that movie!
We saw Lou Ferrigno, The Incredible Hulk. When I was growing up, I used to watch that show on an old black and white tv in my bedroom. It wasn't till years later I discovered the Hulk was green!
They had Amanda Pays and John Wesley Shipp from The Flash tv show. They both look pretty good still. And we saw Cindy Pickett. She played Ferris Bueller's mom.














No comments: